What’s the beauty secret of the world’s most gorgeous women? Here’s a hint – it’s not the foundation that they use. Instead, it’s that they are scrupulous about their skincare. In this post, we’ll help you emulate their success by finding the best skincare routine for your needs.
Start with the Basics
Do you need hundreds of lotions and potions? Surprisingly not. Keeping your routine as simple as possible makes it easier to maintain your skin. Here, consistency counts more than quantity.
Everyone should include the following basics in their routine.
The one beauty rule you should never break is cleaning your face in the morning and evening. A gentle cleanser removes oil, dirt, and makeup residue without drying out your skin.
Choose between these cleansers:
- Foaming: A good allrounder that is best for normal to oily skin. Apply it to moist skin and rinse off.
- Cream: If you have dry skin, a cream cleanser will nourish it while cleaning it. Apply it to dry skin and wipe it off with a cotton pad.
- Micellar Water: Ideal for sensitive skin. Apply to dry skin and wipe clean. You may rinse your face afterward if you like.
Moisturizer hydrates your skin and helps to lock in that moisture. It gives you a dewy glow and should not skipped during your skincare routine.
- Gel: It’s light and ideal for oily skin.
- Balm or Cream: Best for dry, dehydrated skin.
- Lotion: Best for normal or combination skin.
The sun wreaks havoc on your skin. Applying an SPF30+ sunscreen before you go out is an essential beauty tip. Depending on the type of product, you may need to use it twenty minutes before you leave.
Any Last Notes?
Keep your skincare routine simple to improve your chances of sticking to it. If you feel you need more nourishment, consider adding a serum to the mix.